Desert Cockapoos Health and Sales Contract
1. All puppies are guaranteed to be free of communicable diseases at the time of sale. The Buyer MUST have puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours from date of sale. Failure to do so will void any and all guarantees. Seller accepts no responsibility for any communicable diseases after 72 hours. Seller accepts no responsibility for vet bills for other dogs in the household, regardless of circumstance.
2. All puppies, at the time of purchase, have been dewormed (if needed) and have had their dewclaws removed. More vaccinations are needed to prevent illnesses and ensure your puppy’s health. Consult your veterinarian about further vaccinations.
3. If a serious health problem is noted during your vet examination, Seller must receive a written statement from Buyer’s veterinarian within 3 days from the date of examination. Upon verification by Seller’s veterinarian of stated health problem, the puppy must be returned to Seller, unless otherwise agreed by Seller. When available, the Buyer will be provided with another puppy of the same sex, quality, and value. Shipping is non-refundable and the responsibility of the Buyer.
4. All puppies are guaranteed to be free of any birth defects for up to one (1) year of age. Problems must be reported within the first year of the puppy’s life and confirmed by a licensed veterinarian. Seller reserves the right to a second opinion. Buyer understands that the following slight genetic defects are not considered serious or life-threatening and, therefore, are not covered: under bite or over bite; umbilical hernia; un-descended testicle; kidney/bladder infection; grade one/two luxating patella. To extend this guarantee to the puppy’s first 2 years of life, Buyer must put the puppy on NuVet supplements for the entire 2 years.
5. The temperament of your puppy is based on the amount of time YOU give to your dog and to its development and socialization. Puppy kindergarten/obedience classes are recommended for all puppies.
6. Although we try to predict mature size of our pups, we cannot guarantee it.
7. The Seller is not responsible for any problems with landlords, family members, work, or allergies. Seller will help in placement of the puppy if Buyer is unable to keep him/her for any reason.
8. Seller is NOT responsible for any vet bills incurred.
9. Any and all deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE. All Sales are FINAL.
10. If for some reason you are not able to keep your puppy or find a suitable home for it, you must return it to Desert Cockapoos. We do not want any of our puppies to end up in a shelter. Unless otherwise agreed, no money will be returned to Buyer.
11. All puppies are sold as pet quality. No breeding rights are given with this puppy. The puppy must be spayed or neutered within 6 months of its date of birth and confirmation of the spaying or neutering returned to Seller before the puppy is 6 ½ months of age.
12. Upon signing by both parties below, both Buyer and Seller agree to all terms and conditions within this contract. Contract is not valid unless signed AND returned to Desert Cockapoos. Extended 2 year puppy guarantee is only in effect in the event the Buyer puts the puppy on NuVet vitamins for the duration of the guarantee. We will be notified by NuVet if you start the vitamin and it is later cancelled. NuVet is a vitamin we feel very strongly about and believe this is the way to keep your family pet in continued health. It helps keep your dog’s immune system at its best. To order NuVet, call 1-800-474-7044. Use #82440 to get a discount (when on auto ship) on your NuVet Plus Plan!
Buyer Signature Date
Seller Signature Date